FAQ - Last update 9 April 2013
Questions marked with are changed or new rules! We usually edit the journal so you get a notification when we change a rule!
- How do I join?
In order to join, please refer to this guide!
- Can I link my old account in my join-request if my new one isn't 5 months old yet?
Of course you can link us your old dA-account if you recently made a new one!
- I was denied because of traced art in my gallery. Can I apply again if I delete it?
If you admitted that you've traced and learned why removing/not adding source and tracing is a bad thing, of course you can re-apply. We're strict on tracing, but not unforgiving. :b
However, we advice not to lie to us about it or try to defend stealing. Other than annoying us, it's not gonna accomplish anything.
- Why can't I access the chatrooms?
This is probably because you haven't submitted a Battle Card to the group yet! If you have, please be patient! We try to work as efficiently as we can, but sometimes it takes a little time for us to get to checking new cards. If it's been longer than 24 hours since your card has been approved into the group galleries, send #PokePlatform a note about it! Please include:
-Why you're sending the note (not able to access chatrooms)
- Can I have or use a Legendary/Missingno/some other glitch?
Members cannot have legendaries or "Glitch Pokémon". However, moderators (gym leaders) can use legendaries for events for the Group.
- Someone has taken the Pokemon I wanted! Can I still use it?
Unfortunately, no, we only allow one of each pokemon to inhabit the island. Fortunately, there are plenty to choose from!
- Can I have a Shiny Pokemon?
Of course! You may choose to make your pokemon shiny, or normal color. It is up to you.
- Are there any restrictions on character design?
Not really! However, keep in mind that this is a gijinka group, not a furry one! Thus, we request a mostly-human design, and your character have SOME form of clothing (no 100% nudity).
- Can I edit my Gijinka Character's appearance?
Yes, you may change and edit your character as much as you want.
However, should you desire to change species or perhaps change your character entirely, please refer to "Can I change my Character/Pokemon?" on the FAQ for more information.
- If I do edit my character's appearance, should I resubmit the Battle Card?
Nope, simply edit your previous card's deviation. This saves both us and you time!
- Can I change my Character/Pokemon?
Sure! We allow one switch per person as long as you had your characters for at least 3 months, so make sure you're positive that you want to change.
Please note the group with the following information to request a change:
-Current Pkmn & Number:
-Desired Pkmn & Number:
-Reason for switching:
-Description of your new character and what they want to achieve on the island:
- Does Evolving my Character count as a character switch?
Nope! Since evolving is a natural part of a pokemon's life (if they are able to evolve), evolving your character won't count as your switch!
However you can only evolve your character if the evolution isn't used by another member already!
- Does killing my character and reviving them as a ghost count as a character switch?
Unlike evolving your pokemon, killing them off to turn them into a ghost does count as a character switch.
- Is it possible to have a third character in Pokeplatform if I use both of my swaps?
Yes, it is. However, you will have to purchase it at 400 deviantart points. You may purchase one in advance if you'd like.
- How do I change teams?
To change your team, please note #PokePlatform with the following:
-Current Pkmn & Number:
- How do I leave the group?
On #PokePlatform's front page, you can select to leave the group.
However, we would really appreciate it if you remove all of your artwork you've submitted to the group, as well as send us a note beforehand with the following information:
-Current Pkmn & Number:
- Do roleplays on tumblr count as activity?
Only under certain circumstances! In general, roleplays on tumblr do not count as activity, even if they are among PP-characters. However, if the rp is vital to your character's growth, you can submit a log of it to the rp-corner. Keep in mind that the gallery rules apply here as well!
- The chats are usually empty when I log on! What can I do to roleplay/stay active?
Unfortunately, there is not much we can do when your timezone differs too much from the ones of the majority of our members. You can still roleplay through notes or through tumblr with them and submit the roleplays to the rp-corner folder! Alternatively, you can stay active via art-submissions!
- Can I give a character or elements from another franchise an appearance during my roleplays?
You are allowed to give them cameo appearances. Means, your character can cosplay as Sailor Moon or play Super Mario games. However, you are not allowed to use characters from other games/anime/media/manga in roleplays.
- What is the time-setting of Poképlatform?
It's a present-day setting. Your characters can use laptops and MP3-players and listen to Dubstep if you want. (:
- How do I participate in a battle?
Learn about battling at the Battles Home!
- How do I participate in a contest?
Learn about contests at the Contests Home!
- Can I re-join after I left the group for reasons/have been kicked for inactivity?
Old members are welcome to join the group again with a former Gijinka or a new one using a free character slot if one hadn't been used before under the condition that the Pokémon isn't in use already. However, they must go through the join-requests just like our new applicants!*
*Exceptions being banned members, or cases in which reports of harassment/stalking/etc. from our members reached us after their departure.
- Can my character have *insert random rare sickness/mental disorder here*
Yes, but P L E A S E research your character's condition. Please don't make your characters whole personality based on their sickness. (This also goes for ethnicity and sexuality!) Don't go overboard with it. It's a common beginner's mistake and easily makes characters bland and one-sided (and on the long run also boring to rp with), or Mary Sues.
- Can my super sexy character's BG be: abused with TRAGICł BACKGROUND since early childhood, never had any friends, home-village-burnt-down, hated by their parents who had relations to team plasma and who they killed and they're special-colored but non-shiny, scythe-wielding shy boy/girl with a murderous bloodthirsty side, a cyborg-arm, a mysterious connection to Arceus and shizophrenia who needs to learn to open up and make frien---
- Can our characters discover new places in rps?
Of course they can find new places and have some adventures, like hidden grottoes, abandoned tunnels or forgotten ruins under the sea that aren't on the map! Our map has many places, but it isn't absolute. Its main purpose is still being a visual help to determine a setting and presenting an idea of how PP looks like! Don't let your fantasy be limited by it!
- Can we make our own memes or events?
Of course members are welcome to make their own memes! For member-events, please understand that they cannot involve legendaries. But you can send us a note if you want to make a small art-contest or a chat-event (birthday party, wedding, character-relevant plot) and we'll see!
- How do I become a moderator?
Periodically, we will hold elections for moderator positions. Members will have the option to submit an application when the time comes, after we announce it via journal. (:
Questions with are simply common questions that we added to the FAQ!